The St. Paul Lewisburg Story
In 1806 several families in Lewisburg and Montandon who had become adherents to the teachings of the Evangelical Church (founded by Jacob Albright) joined together to become a mission church called St. Paul’s Evangelical Church and built a house of worship on the site of the present church.
As membership increased in the next half century, the need arose for a larger building. So in 1915 the present structure (pictured above) was started. By a merger of the Evangelical and United Brethren Churches in 1946, the church became St. Paul’s Evangelical United Brethren Church (E.U.B.). In 1968 the Methodist and E.U.B. Churches merged and the church became known by its present name: St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.
The church has been noted throughout it’s history as a friendly, caring, family-oriented group and for its generous benevolent giving to foreign missions and to local benevolent causes.